6-8 Metro Basketball League 2018-19
-Introduction of Coaches-
Girl’s- Head Coach-Corey Durbin, Assistants- Phil Habethur, Lisa Habethur
Boy’s- Varsity-Head Coach- Krista Patchin, Assistants- Grayson Abaya, Mr. Mac- JV-Head Coach- Mr. Mac
– Schedules- Practice/Game- Can be accessed from our website: www.mgaes.org, click on Athletics and follow the links to 6-8 Metro Basketball League.
– Texting changes/updates- Texting updates-All parents will be signed-up for this, since it is such a great way to keep connected. Students can also sign-up, since we do not allow for chat to be used on this app. 🙂 Website will also be updated when things change.
– Varsity Policy/Reserve Player Program
– “Character First”
-Competitive league vs. Participation league- the 6-8 grade teams are setup to be competitive leagues. Equal playing time does not apply for Varsity or JV programs.
– Varsity fees of $125 need to be paid on or before Nov. 16, or arrange a payment plan with Mr. Mac. Reserve players pay $35, and will be joining JV practices, to be paid by Nov. 16. Jerseys will be handed out before the first games to those who have paid dues. Please remember that if you damage your jersey, under non-game circumstances, that you will be charged.
– Athlete must have all equipment to participate in a game. Missing any one of the following and they will not be allowed to play: jersey (provided by school), socks, and proper basketball shoes.
– Transportation to away games will be provided by parent of child, or planned by parent of child. There will be no transportation provided by the school. Whatever ride you get for your child needs to be someone you trust and someone that has the proper insurance for your approval, not the schools.
– Directions to away games-found on website also
– Player Conduct and Parent Cheering
-Athletics Team Practice Policy- sign in lobby. Please read through this policy and make sure you know the details.
– Questions for AD/Coaches